This project involved the conversion of a factory building into a performing arts center. Built originally for the Mouson perfume factory in 1924, the Mousonturm which is seven storeys high was Frankfurts tallest building at that time. The architecture was representative of the expressionist period popular in the 1920´s and was therefore designated a landmark in 1976. AS+P were commissioned in 1987 for the rennovation and restoration. The program included a 250 seat theatre, artist workshops, seminar rooms, rehersal spaces, rastaurant and outdoor cafe. Our team of professionals worked closely with craftsmen to match original brickwork and ornamental detail, preserving the integrity of this landmark. The duality of old and new are legible in the door and window treatments and use of modern finishes for interior spaces.